For the longest time I've been cynical and apprehensive of blogging. I felt like it was a pretentious, self-serving vehicle for people to spew. While I still doubt anything noteworthy, poignant, or substantial. No one can change the world through a blog. Yet, my counter-culture days are coming to a close. I am buckling down, sucking it up, and admitting defeat. My thoughts will go unheard for as long as I fail to embrace our brave new world. So here it goes: my first public blog.
My name is Matthew Binder (penname Alexander Carbon) and I am a few weeks away from graduating FIU with a BA in English. I plan to attend vocational school for music production. I am a recent Christian, being saved sometime around August 2007. My testimony is on Youtube, just search for my name. But this blog is not about me. It is about you, it is about us. It is about the utter chaos, confusion, and corruption in the media, the country, and the church. I am setting for myself one goal and one rule: this is uninhibited, unadulterated, uncensored commentary on the state of the nation and I will bring it to you hard, fast, and strong. There are no periodicals or deadlines. I write when I feel and publish when I write.
So welcome me as I welcome you. It is going to be a long and arduous journey through the very fibers of our souls.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment