Woah, there. What kind of title is that for a Christian blog on Biblical Truth? It's a true one, but it's also dangerous. I don't want to come off as extremely cynical or unspiritual or anything like that. I love God, I follow Jesus, and I know the difference. The sad thing is many people do not. Here is where the danger lurks. Too many times too many people put Jesus on this pedestal that rises far above the Father, completely forgetting that without Yahweh, the Christ is nothing. We can see that He admitted it Himself in John 5 verses 19 and 30. Jesus prays to God, asks for His help, appeals to Him in His time of need ("pass this cup from me...") and finally surrenders His spirit to the Great and Powerful Almighty.
Yes, Jesus is King. Yes, Jesus is Lord, but never forget that God is Lord of All--including Jesus. I have this constant worry that when people freely throw around the term "Jesus is Lord" they are forgetting the True Lord. The Hebrews' God, the Father of all mankind including Jesus Himself. Remember, part of the reason Jesus came was to show us how to live. God never did that, up to that point He only told us. He had His human side, too. I believe it is borderline blasphemy to pray directly to Jesus; we pray to God in Jesus' name. The Apostles all did 'God's work in the name of Christ', they did not work directly for Jesus. They worked because of Him.
Don't get it twisted, don't be the lizard.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Greetings Matthew Binder.
Amen! Excellent Post.
Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor
The Human Jesus
Post a Comment